Two weeks and counting until the Easter Egg Hunts get underway, so meanwhile why not hatch a batch Chocolate Crispy Cakes!
These are perfect for any kids' party and to have as dessert on Easter Sunday. Serve with Gluten Free Custard for a perfect hot chocolatey pudding.
Here's our recipe for perfect crispy cakes with a gooey middle!
225g plain chocolate or milk chocolate or white chocolate
2 tbsp golden syrup
75g cornflakes or rice crispies or buckwheat flakes (gluten free)
36 mini chocolate eggs (Cadbury's are gluten free)
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl over a pan of boiling water on the hob
2. Add the golden syrup, butter until melted and mixed smooth
3. Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes or rise crispies
4. Place the 12 paper cases in a fairy cake tin
5. Divide the mixture between the 12 paper cases
6. Place 3 mini eggs on each
7. Place in the fridge for about 1 hour
Download our Easter bunny template to make as easter gifts